Auteur Topic: bfryar44 Collection  (gelezen 26895 keer)

Erwin

• Global Moderator
  • 704th TD Bn - Hit 'n Run
Re:bfryar44 Collection
« Reactie #60 Gepost op: 02 maart 2010, 12:00:57 pm »
Truly beautiful historical pieces.  :thumbsup:
We’re Tank Destroyer men ... we find them hot and leave them burning!

Robin505

• D-day Normandy & Battle of the Bulge.
« Reactie #61 Gepost op: 02 maart 2010, 17:38:55 pm »
Verry Verry intresting Bryan! You sure know how to hit the weak spots  :smilewinkgrin:
Thanks for sharing this  :thumbsup:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

bfryar44

• Collecting WW2 US ETO Infantry Items
« Reactie #62 Gepost op: 04 maart 2010, 02:48:56 am »
Thanks to everyone's comments.

Bryan

Here is one more addition from my collection even though it is Southern France related, not Normandy related.  The original plans for the liberation of France called for simultanious landings on the Northwestern French coast at Normandy and the Southern coast of France.  The latter was put off until later due to logistics, etc..  However the invasion plans for Southern France (Operation Dragoon) still received the "Bigot" top secret classification/clearance the same as the Normandy Operation.  The map in my collection is marked "TOP SECRET BIGOT" and is dated July 20, 1944.  It shows the 3rd Infantry Division landing beach at Pampelonne Bay.

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.”  Shenandoah

Akko

• "So long as there are men, there will be wars."
« Reactie #63 Gepost op: 17 april 2010, 10:25:48 am »
Impressive collection you have ;)